Marketing Photography Online Class: This class is presented by the Center for Photographic Art. We will cover the essentials for making sure your website is optimized in terms of structure, user experience, Google friendliness, and security. Presenter Jon Wollenhaupt will show how to extend the reach of your website via social media, email newsletters, and content marketing. He will demystify search engine optimization best practices and review easy-to-use free SEO tools such the Yoast SEO plug-in for WordPress. Other topics covered include basic communication strategies that will enhance your message to photography influencers. At the end of this class you will be able to identify several easy-to-implement best practices that help build your online photography brand.
Marketing Photography Online: Class Dates and Time
- Session 1: Saturday, September 12 from 1:00PM to 3:00PM PST
- Session 2: Saturday, September 19 from 1:00PM to 3:00PM PST
Marketing Photography Online: Session 1:
We will cover the following:
- Basic website diagnostics for security, performance, and Google search results
- Discussion of your web site as a central communications hub
- Word Press vs. templated website – pros and cons
- WordPress as a Content Management System
- Overview of Content Marketing
- Basics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The Yoast SEO plug-in for WordPress
- The essential web analytics you should be aware of.
- How to evaluate a web hosting company – what services should you consider?
Marketing Photography Online: Session 2
We will cover the following:
- Overview of social media best practices
- How to increase engagement with
- How the online content you develop creates an impression of who you are
- How content development, social media campaigns, and outbound marketing (e.g. email marketing) are all inexorable related and strategically complimentary.
- Why LinkedIn is essential to building relationships
- Basics of LinkedIn Analytics
- I don’t get Twitter!!! Why you should be on Twitter.
- Basics of Twitter analytics
- Basics of measuring your content’s success
- What are impressions?
- Engagement and reach defined
- Sponsored content on LinkedIn
- How to target and audience
- Tracking impressions and engagement on social media
- Essential social tips
- Basics of email marketing with Constant Contact
Jon Wollenhaupt is a Sacramento-based photographer, writer, and marketing consultant. He has extensive experience working with organizations of all sizes to develop customized WordPress web sites that are optimized for the latest Google SEO criteria. As a marketing consultant, he has presented extensively at conferences on topics related to marketing communications including brand development, communications strategies, and online marketing.
Jon also is the founder and president of Go! Launch Marketing. Read more about his marketing experience and skills.
Contact Jon Wollenhaupt for marketing consulting services for your arts organization.